Sunday, May 22, 2011

A Virus and Some Mud!

My sweet, smiling boy :)
Here is a picture of Ben's rash from the echo virus. Poor baby!
"Dirty Dozen" Fun Mud Run...Let's Get Dirty!Laci and I before all the muddy fun!Climbing down this ladder was a little intimidating...I'm not a big fan of heightsRunning over the dirt mound after the rope climbThe last obstacle :)Two miles and 12 obstacles in 25 minutes 14 seconds...not too shabby! I did it!Laci and I were completely soaked after the last obstacle--a slip n'slide :)Ben loved the fire truck and helicopter at the race.My niece Lauren came to cheer me on :)Daddy trimming the back of Ben's neck :)
We've had an interesting week to say the least! Ben developed what I thought was just a heat rash Monday afternoon. By that evening, it was clear he had more than heat rash. I called Dr. LaRue first thing Tuesday morning and they worked us in. Three hours later we found out Ben had a virus that caused the rash. He had no other symptoms...just a nasty looking rash. Bless his heart.
Saturday, Laci and I ran in the Dirty Dozen race. It was a muddy, two-mile run with 12 obstacles. We had so much fun! We placed 45th and 46th out of 150 runners. We were very excited :) Enjoy the pictures! There was a big story about the race in the News Sun. Here is a link to it: www.newssun.com

No comments:

Post a Comment