We had a very fun Easter weekend and last week of April. I started Easter weekend off by running in my first 5K race. I trained with my neighbor (and FHS classmate) Laci Brooker. We started training about 3 weeks prior to the race. It was a spur of the moment decision and I wasn't sure I would be ready in 3 weeks. We modified an interval training program and were pretty consistently running our 3.1 miles in 35 minutes (cross-country with our babies in BOB strollers). On race day, we finished in 31 minutes 10 seconds placing 14th out of 48 runners (men and women)! We were very proud of ourselves :-)
Ben woke up Easter morning with lots of treats from the Easter Bunny. We colored eggs, made cupcakes, hunted eggs, and had a big dinner with Grandma and Grandpa, Papa Stone, and Uncle Chuck. It was a fun and relaxing day.
Tuesday was the final game of the baseball season. The Bulldogs lost to Ft. Meade in the district tournament. Jeremy was very disappointed, but Ben and I sure have enjoyed him being home in the afternoons. I've posted tons of pictures, so enjoy!

Laci and me after the race with our medals for being in the top 25 finishers.

Easter loot!
and another cute potty pic!
No comments:
Post a Comment