Sunday, June 5, 2011

Hooray for June!

I can't believe I missed a week! The end of the school year is always a busy time for us. We are so excited that summer is just a few days away.

Memorial Day weekend was a fun one. Jeremy and I ran in the Haiti Bible Mission Run at Highland's Hammock State Park. Jeremy won a medal for being the second male in his age group (20-29). His 5K time was 25:53. It cracks me up that he can place in his very first race. As my middle school students would say, he "beasted" it. Ha! I came in third place out of 11 females in my age group (20-29). My time was 28:56. I took almost 3 minutes off my last 5K race time, so I was pleased. Our next race is about a month away. Our goal is always to have a new personal record. I also got to see my high school classmate and college roommate, Michelle. She flew down Friday from Oklahoma to visit family and friends over the holiday weekend before flying off to China. Michelle plays volleyball for the U.S. Women's Sitting Volleyball Team (http://usavolleyball.org/athletes/michelle-gerlosky).

We took Ben to his favorite park yesterday. He always has so much fun! He has been sleeping in his big boy bed for about a week now. We are so proud of him. We are taking him to the Gaylord Palms this weekend as soon as school is out. He wakes up every morning asking if it's time to go to the hotel. Grandma and Grandpa Byrd are going with us this time and he is so excited! Here are the pictures from the past two weeks. Enjoy!



Michelle flew down Memorial Day weekend. We met up for dinner and went to the movies to see Hangover II. So much fun!


I love this smile :)Ben meeting cousin Aubrey for the 1st timeHelping Daddy build his bed :)He loves his new bed!

He could spin for hours....Can you tell Ben loves his Grandpa Byrd?Ha! Ben and Daddy sliding like penguinsBen's lizard walkBen and Daddy racingBen took this picture of us at the park...I just had to crop it and adjust the coloring :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment