Saturday, August 13, 2011

Sharks, Sting Rays, Starfish & a Streetcar!

We took Ben to the Florida Aquarium this week. He had so much fun checking out the cool creatures. We also got to ride a streetcar around Channelside. We had so much fun and can't wait to go back for another visit. I've posted pictures of our trip below.

I can't believe this is the last weekend of summer vacation. Man, did it fly by! I'm looking forward to meeting my new group of students. I have about the same schedule as last year, so that is nice. One of my good work buddies took a job at Ft. Meade Middle/Senior. It's right down the road from her house. I'm happy for her (and the gas $ she will save), but I'm going to miss seeing her every day! Several of us went to lunch Thursday to catch up.

Have a great week, everyone!


















Isn't this a strange looking octopus?

Ben and the Goliath Grouper!

















The aquarium has a neat little splash area for the kids. Ben loved it!






We got to ride the streetcar in Tampa. Ben LOVES trains and buses, so it was a neat mixture of the two. (I can't seem to type streetcar without thinking of the Tennessee Williams novel)




Ben with his streetcar ticket!


No comments:

Post a Comment