Sunday, August 1, 2010

Beating the heat!

We have had a fun week trying to stay cool in this heat! We have been wishing more than ever that we had a pool since water seems to be the only way to stay cool outside. We've been playing in sprinklers, kiddie pools, and lakes all week.
Several of the pictures below are from our lake day at my cousin Brandi's house. Her home is right across from Lake Isis in Avon Park. It is a small, but beautiful lake. The water is so clear! It has been used for scuba diving training in the past. Ben enjoyed his first boat ride and Jeremy got to kneeboard for his very first time!
I don't think these high temperatures are going anywhere anytime soon. I'm so glad I have a job indoors! Jeremy and I go back to work in two short weeks. I'm glad Ben will still get to enjoy the outdoors with his Aunt Joycie. They have lake days and play in the sprinklers a lot. He is a water baby for sure!

I thought this was a neat picture

Cooling off with a grape popsicle :D


playing with band-aids

Ben wanted to play with his train first thing in the morning

putting supply boxes together for each table in my classroom :D

playing with his cars



lake fun @ cousin Brandi's house


laughing at silly cousin Billy

helping daddy drive the boat




Jeremy getting ready to kneeboard





Whee!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment