Monday, June 28, 2010

Fun Summer Times

We've had another week full of summer fun! Ben has been going to his Aunt Joycie's in the mornings to play with the kids. He comes home and takes almost a two-hour nap, so I think he is having a good time when he's there :)
Jeremy and I took him back to Common Ground Park in Lakeland this past Saturday. We got there around 10:00 and it was brutally hot. The heat didn't seem to bother Ben, though. He had a blast sliding, climbing, and swinging. We headed over to the Lakeside Village after the park to have lunch at Crispers and shop a little. Ben loves to see the water fountain there and play with the train table in Books-A-Million.
We've been swinging and sliding at home a lot, too. We try to do that in the mornings or evenings when it's not so hot outside. I can't wait for a nice Fall breeze! I've posted tons of pictures below. The first few are of Ben building a tower of blocks. He's getting really good at it. Maybe he'll be a future architect :)

Our duck friends @ Clinch Lake. Ben loves to stop and try to pet them :)
Ben running around in Mr. Dawes' sprinklers
Having some fruit in the "big chair" :)
Playing with the trains @ Books-A-Million
Waving at the fountain
He crashed after the play park
Climbing up the rocks to get to the tunnel slide
He really wanted to climb this, but wasn't quite sure how

2 comments:

  1. I saw Ben in Publix a couple of weeks ago with Jeremy. I was so excited to see him in person again and was talking to him like he knew me... "it's your aunt Emma"... Ha! I've been watching that little booger grow up for a while now! He was checking out Grace Louise in the buggy. I told Jeremy that she just might like older guys! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny! I remember Jeremy telling me that he saw you and GL. I was so upset because I always miss seeing people that I actually know in Publix on the random days that I decide not to go! I can't believe I missed seeing GL. I have been watching her grow up on here, too. Thank goodness for facebook and blogger :)

    ReplyDelete