Sunday, June 20, 2010

Catching Up!

Yes, we are still alive! We have gotten so relaxed around here during summer vacation that I can't even find the motivation to blog, haha! Here is a quick recap of what we've been up to:

  1. nothing
  2. nothing
  3. more nothing...

It's been great! Lazy mornings, walks around the lake (in the a.m. before it gets too hot), swimming, swinging, sliding, reading, climbing, cooking, and watching way too much Dora the Explorer has been filling our days for the past few weeks.


Ben is talking up a storm these days. He said his first sentence about a week ago. He said, "I sat down at [the] table." We were so excited! I remember being so impatient to hear his first word, and now he is saying complete thoughts. He can also tell me if he wants a snack or juice. When he gets sleepy, he'll tell me he wants a "milk bottle" and his "blankie." Can I also just mention that he will be 2 years old in a little over 3 months. How did that happen so fast? I think it's time to start weaning him from the nap/bedtime bottles. I'm just dreading it. Our pediatrician is not concerned at all, but a good friend of mine says I should have done this a while back. Oops!
Here are some pictures from the last month or so. I'll try to blog a little more regularly now :)

before morning stroll
"seriously, mom...camera at the breakfast table?"

Ben's first attempt at putting his shoes on :)

Taking a break from helping me wash the car

Such a big helper :)

@ Latt Maxcy Memorial Library (loved this mural)


Sliding!


This picture is fuzzy, but I love when he lays like this :)


No time for a picture...man on a mission!
mission to put elephant, pig, and winkie (his sheep) to bed
loves to ride the horsie with dad (he pronounces it "wo-cy")

No comments:

Post a Comment