Saturday, April 21, 2012

Gator Gallop 5K Trail Run

Laci and I ran our first trail run this morning at Sun n' Lake Preserve in Sebring. It was such a fun run! I was nervous because trail running is much different than running on pavement. You have to be so careful about your foot placement. Our pace was slower than usual, but it's because we were literally running over tree roots, dodging water puddles, and crossing bridges. We even saw an alligator as we ran past a pond! Laci's mother-in-law, Martie, ran the race, too. All three of us won our age groups! We were thrilled!
Me, Martie and Laci

I love how Marlee is checking out her mommy's medal

My #1 fan

Marlee and Ben threw rocks in the creek with their dads

Marlee and Ben loved jumping in the puddles

Laci and me with our precious babies before the race

No comments:

Post a Comment