Sunday, September 18, 2011

Race & Cute Ben pictures!

We've had another great week! I have been cherishing these last few weeks with my two year old. I can't believe Ben will be three in less than two weeks. I found pictures today while cleaning of his birthday celebration last year. It seriously feels like that happened yesterday.
Jeremy and I ran in Bartow's "Blown Away 8K" on Saturday. It was a nice morning for a race. The route was beautiful with lots of Oak trees and shade. I finished in 47:49, placing second in my age group. I was so shocked when they called my name to receive a medal! I was hoping to finish in under 50 minutes and Jeremy was hoping to finish in 45 or less. We both met our goals! I ran 17 total miles last week (including the race) and my legs are feeling it today. I'm glad my training plan only calls for 11 this week. I could use the break! Our next race will be a 10K at the end of October. I think it's safe to say we're addicted :)
Enjoy this week's pictures! Grandpa Byrd took some good ones after the race.
My sleeping angel
Yummy ice cream!
Family pic after the race
Having my picture taken by Bartow Parks & Recreation after receiving my medal :)
Hanging out while we wait for race results
Cute pic that I left out last week from Papa's birthday celebration
Another family pic after the race (I have crazy post-race hat hair!)

1 comment:

  1. I love this! So glad y'all are enjoying running together as a family! Great pics of Ben too!

    ReplyDelete