Monday, September 6, 2010

Last Weekend of Summer

I heard someone say that Labor Day is the last weekend of the summer. Well.....peace out summer 2010! I am beyond ready for fall! Jeremy and I had a much needed date night Saturday. We went to Olive Garden for the never-ending-pasta-bowl. We were pumped to see that their seasonal pumpkin cheesecake is back! We each had our own piece! (not looking forward to stepping on the scale tomorrow morning, haha!) Starbucks had a pumpkin spice latte, so maybe fall really is around the corner....even if Mr. Weather hasn't gotten the memo.

Here are the latest pictures of the mister. He got a haircut last Friday, so the super-blonde summer locks are gone :/ I do not like this big boy haircut. I think it will be a long time until the next cut.


Ben had so much fun playing in Aunt Joycie's tunnel from IKEA. This is probably his favorite thing to play with at her house. I pick him up right after nap time at 3:00 and playing in the tunnel is the first thing he wants to do. Aunt Joycie was so sweet to let us take it home to play with over the long weekend.


Watering the plants


I just love these pictures of Ben brushing his teeth like a big boy. Jeremy and I have been brushing his teeth for him for a while now, and it just occured to me the other night to pull up a chair and see how he does on his own. He looked like such a big boy! (and super cute in his PJs) He was so excited afterwards, and kept saying, "my brush my teeth like a big boy." (he says "my" for "I")






One of Ben's new favorite places in the house is on top of his playroom table. He says he is, "tall like Bok Tower."


Playing baseball with Daddy



Mowing and finding sticks


Dinner at Tapatios Thursday night. Ben loves chips and salsa! (He gets it honest)


There were some bushes outside of the restaurant with some sort of red berries on them. Ben tried to pick some off, but I told him not to pick them because those were the snacks for the birds. He cupped his hands around his mouth and said, "Birdies come here! I have a snack for you." Jeremy and I about fell over laughing :-)

More pictures from his favorite playroom spot


Ben loves going to the mall to ride the carousel. The last time we went, he also tried riding the helicopter and train in the food court.



No comments:

Post a Comment