Sunday, May 23, 2010

A Quick May Update

May has been rather uneventful and very relaxing! If only every month could be this way *sigh* We are counting down the days until summer vacation. 13 days as of tomorrow! Woo Hoo! We cannot wait! We spent Friday afternoon at the City Dock. Ben loves to go to the "wake" and wear his bathing "soup." He has been going just about every day with Miss Cassie, Aunt Joycee, Peyton and Gwen. He is such a water baby. In the afternoons, we have been playing outside on the swing set or in the kiddie pool. You would think I'd have a tan by now, but nope! I guess the sunscreen is really doing its job!

We took Ben to Bok Tower Gardens today. We all had a blast! We saw two swans up close. Ben calls them "juans," haha! Ben loved checking out the flowers and feeding his goldfish to a friendly squirrel. I know we're probably not supposed to do that, but we just couldn't resist! While we were exploring the Pinewood Estate, Ben surprised us with an observation he made. Our neighbors, Sandra and Orville Dawes, have a beautiful lawn full of flowers. They have gorgeous blue plumbago that lines the fence between our yards. Ben saw some blue plumbago around the Pinewood Estate and looked at us and said, "Dawes flowers".......AMAZING! Jeremy and I looked at each other with the same "did he just say that?" expression. To say he amazes us is an understatement. Is that a normal observation for an almost-20-month-old toddler?

I've posted some random pictures from the past few weeks below. Enjoy!

Trying to get Ben to look at the camera!
Trying to work the Germ-X!

I love this picture of Ben propped up on Daddy!

Ben's "I don't want to sit still for another picture" face

Ben and the "juan"

A two-second grin is all you're gettin' Mom!


He loves the fountain at the Pinewood Estate



Ready to explore!

City Dock area @ Clinch Lake

"When you're cool, the sun's always shining!"

Maybe one day we'll have a house with a pool, haha!

Sporting his new ball cap



1 comment:

  1. That's it mom!... join in on the fun! Love to see you in the kiddy pool. Cute pic!

    ReplyDelete