Friday, January 15, 2010

2010's not so hot start....

Ben and I have had a rough start to the new year. Ben started the new year in a new room at daycare. He has been in the baby room since December of 2008. He got quite attached to Mrs. Janet. She's a very grandmotherly person and Ben really bonded with her. His first morning in the toddler room with Mrs. Stacy was pitiful. He looked up at me with big alligator tears streaming down his little cheeks when we tried to leave. Jeremy had to make me leave the room because I was crying at this point, too. It was a hard day to say the least. Jeremy dropped Ben off the rest of that week so I wouldn't have to witness that scene again. I just can't stand to see him cry and know that I have to leave him so upset. He seemed to be adjusting by the end of that week, thank goodness!

That Friday, January 8th, Ben had an appointment with Dr. LaRue for his 15 month check-up. The visit went very well. Ben now weighs 22 lbs.! He is still taller than he is heavy, which Dr. LaRue says is a very good thing. He had to get another round of vaccinations, which he did NOT enjoy. We also talked to the doctor about Ben's recent sleeping patterns. Over Christmas break, Ben started waking up several times during the night and it got very hard to get him back to sleep. On several occasions, I put him in the bed with us just to get some sleep. BIG MISTAKE! Dr. LaRue said once they learn that crying will get them momma or daddy, they will keep doing it! He said to pick a weekend and let him cry it out. This has always been tough for me, but we powered through and Ben has been sleeping through the night again for an entire week! YAY!!!

That weekend, Ben started having a runny nose. We tried treating it with Dimetapp, but it got worse and he had a fever Thursday night. We took him back to the doctor today and he has a touch of bronchitis. I've caught it, too, so we're all on antibiotics. I'm hoping we all get well over this three-day weekend! Baseball try-outs start next week for Jeremy, so life for the Byrds is about to get hectic! I am hoping the next few weeks go a little smoother :) I've taken some random pictures of Ben over the past few weeks that I promise to post later.

1 comment:

  1. Jimmy and I prayed for you guys last night. Hope you all start feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete