No, I'm not talking about college basketball, I'm talking about the Byrd family! March has been insane! Baseball is in full swing. Jeremy and I have been prepping our kids for FCAT. Ben is teething AND getting over an ear infection. I have been working my butt off trying to finish course work to move from my temporary to professional teaching certificate. Crazy, crazy, crazy!
I haven't been able to blog in forever so I have a lot to write about! The baseball team's doing well. Jeremy comes home with funny team stories almost every evening. He's finally putting on sunscreen before practice (nagging works). The FCAT is finally over! I promised my kids they wouldn't hear me say FCAT again for the rest of the year. I'm excited to focus the rest of the year on reading for pleasure! I am determined to get my students to enjoy reading--maybe they will now that the pressure of passing the FCAT is off (I teach 10th grade intensive reading so if they don't pass they have to take a reading class their junior year in place of an elective). Our little Benny Bear is teething hard core! That poor baby chomps down on anything that comes near his mouth. Thank the Lord for orajel swabs =P We had to take him to Dr. LaRue Monday for what seemed to be just a cold (clear, runny nose & mild cough). We felt horrible because he had infection in both ears! Grandpa stayed with him all week so he didn't have to go to daycare. I couldn't stand the thought of him not getting someone's full attention while feeling so miserable. Thank the Lord for Grandpa Byrd! He is always to the rescue! I submitted my final task to finish my course work Friday. Woo-hoo! I feel so accomplished! Now I just have to wait for it to be graded..................
The Byrd family is looking forward to April!
Staff Features: A Glimpse of Grace
6 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment