Friday, June 1, 2012

sick baby

Our sweet baby is under the weather. He woke up Wednesday morning with a funky cough, but seemed fine the rest of the day. By that evening, the cough was back. He woke up around 2 AM crying in his sleep. I felt his forehead and he was burning up with fever. I gave him some ibuprofen and called Dr. Larue first thing Thursday morning. They graciously worked us in. Dr. Larue said Ben's tonsils were inflamed and he had bronchitis (I am wondering if all that smoke from last weekend is causing this respiratory distress). His cough is wheezy, so little man got a prescription for steroids. Fun. He had a hard time falling asleep last night....steroids always seem to do that. We have a follow-up Monday afternoon because Dr. Larue wants to make sure the bronchitis doesn't turn into something worse. We are hoping lots of rest this weekend will make our little guy all better.

On a positive note, I just love how much Ben loves Dr. Larue now. He used to cry whenever we pulled into the parking lot, but now looks forward to seeing him. He couldn't wait to show Dr. Larue his new sunglasses yesterday. And as always, Dr. Larue made a big deal about them and told me for the millionth time how handsome he is. We love our doctor and love how much he loves our sweet little boy!

Here are a few pictures Grandpa snapped of Ben at the wedding last weekend. They were taken with his little Nikon point-and-shoot, so they're pretty good considering. I can't wait to see if the wedding photographer got some good shots of us. Ben melted our hearts in this tux :)


No comments:

Post a Comment