Sunday, September 6, 2009

Back to school!

We have been so busy that I haven't had time to blog! School and daycare started back for us August 17th. Ben did very well with his return to daycare. He didn't rest well during the first week back, but he's starting to get almost two, hour-long naps in each day. Mrs. Janet says he doesn't like it when she has to tend to the other babies. He'll crawl up beside her and pinch her to make sure she knows he's there! They've had to put a gate up at the nursery door because he would try to crawl out everytime someone would open it. What a stinker!!!

Jeremy and I both have a really good group of students this year. My advanced classes are the last block of the day, which has turned out to be very nice. They are so much fun! The first two weeks of teaching have been very dull for me. Lots of "review and assessment" per the curriculum maps. I can't wait to dive into fluency next week!

Ben is 11 months old! I can't believe my little boy is almost 1 year old! He is starting to walk more and more these days. He has two upper teeth that have cut through the gum. I think they'll be all the way down just in time for his big birthday party! He still has the biggest, cheesiest, little grin! I've posted some recent pictures of him below. We're all glad Fall is finally here.....football, Ben's birthday, Thanksgiving......lots to look forward to!


2 comments:

  1. I can't argue with that grin of his...that sure is cute! Only 6 more weeks left and we'll be in the club :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The transition to toddlerhood is a fun one. Ben already has so much personality it will be fun to see how it continues to develop.

    ReplyDelete